Wednesday, April 21, 2010

WOW....HAS IT REALLY BEEN A WEEK?

So, have a little updating to do since it's been almost a whole week since the last time I blogged.

Let's see....last weekend my folks (the Towes) came in town Saturday to take Matt & I to dinner for his birthday (since his birthday weekend was booked full). We had an awesome dinner @ Lucky's on 15th street, right across from Full Moon. It's definitely a treat! A little secret most dont know about or see and continue to drive by. But people, should you stop? Absolutely! LOVED it there & will be going back for sure!
Got my hur (hair) done on Saturday too. Love the girl that does it, she reminds me of one of my best college friends. Matt worked on his car a little bit.

This week has been crazy. I myself have been working different hours & have been trying to make the best of some uncomfortable situations....so we'll see where I'm at come Friday afternoon. I have an idea, but will wait to dish the gossip until it's all officially said AND done:)

Matt has had leadership training at work this week. Today and tomorrow. He really enjoyed the first part of it this morning & thought it was actually worth it. Oh and, apparently, his place of business is bringing in Qdoba every Friday (not sure if its free or you have to pay, but still). So I think I may be having lunch with him every Friday again, just like when we were in Singapore.

This week is National Lab Week.....some fun facts about lab work (please respect your laboratory professionals):
Did you know?
Laboratory results drive 60% to 70% of the physician’s decision making for a patient.

Regional Medical Laboratory processes over 12,000 specimens a day.

• The fleet of Regional Medical Laboratory courier cars travel 400,000 miles a month.

A team of 19 Pathologists representing Pathology Laboratory Associates work with Regional Medical Laboratory.

• 12,200 new laboratory professionals will be needed annually to meet the growing need of the world’s population, but only 4,000 to 6,000 graduates will join the workforce each year.

• Laboratory test results constitute a significant portion of the patient’s medical records vital to the diagnosis and treatment of illness and disease
How sweet it is......my wonderful husband and parents sent me flowers at the begining of this week. I'm truly thankful and so very blessed!!
 
Rain rain go away. I want some sun! Two things to keep in mind for this weekend:
1. Tulsa Rocket & Air Show
2. Arts Festival in OKC (a Towe family favorite, especially the food)
Hope its a great one! Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. Hi! Are you going to the Arts Festival this weekend? Kent and I are going Friday nite and I thought about you... I know how much you love it!

    ReplyDelete