Tuesday, March 22, 2011

THE HORMONES HATH COMETH

I really have been great pregnant.....up until about a week ago. It's when the pregnancy hormones really HIT me. Crying, yelling, throwing my arms in the air, a slight fit, just so horrible I need to take a nap kind of hormones. Saturday was my worst day yet. Actually more like the first day I have been a preggozilla since we have been pregnant.

To that, here are some things NOT to say to a pregopatamus:
1. NEVER tell her how big her baby is going to be while looking at her belly.
2. NEVER tell her she is emotional/her hormones are out of whack/she is overreacting/she is irrational/it's not a big deal/etc......JUST SYMPATHIZE PEOPLE!!
3. NEVER tell her your personal entire birth story. I'm not you. This is not your body or your baby. Everyone is different.
4. NEVER comment on what she is eating or NOT eating. Heartburn, gas oh and bloating are just a few things you feel after eating certain foods (even drinking Sprite can do this).
5. NEVER comment on her weight (gained or lost)
6. NEVER comment on her vision or memory (cause both of those fly out the window too...I hear you get them back after delivering)
7. NEVER give opinions on breastfeeding or how to raise the baby.

There, now that is out I feel much better:)

I'm going to feel much better soon. This is my very last week of work. Then I will be able to focus on resting & getting ready for baby & Matt's birthday and may other events coming in April. Ahhh the joy of being at home! 

No comments:

Post a Comment