Tuesday, June 7, 2011

TIME

I cannot believe how quickly time is flying by. What is even crazier than that is our sweet little man has been here 2 weeks already! I still look down at him when I hold him and cannot believe he was INSIDE of me 2 weeks ago. Ha! Was my belly really that big? Matt tells me to hold my hands out farther:) On Friday we go see Dr Henley for his 2 week check-up.....I can't wait to see what happens there.....we took him in last week and he had already gained some weight. We measured him on Sunday and he has grown a little too. I can't wait to get the official numbers! He doesn't even look like his newborn pictures anymore.....looks more like a little boy every day.

Thursday Matt goes back to work. 1 more day with him at home:( I've already secretly cried a few tears over this. I just don't want our days together to end. I love him being at home with us, even if he is out rearranging the garage or mowing or watering the yard.....he is still HERE. There is just something magical that happens when two people have a baby together (who are still in love with each other). There really are no words to describe it. It is truly a miracle and blessing from God and we are so thankful to have been lucky enough to take part in this little man's creation. Looking down at him, so sweet, takes my breath away to know he is half Matt and half me.....sort of. So little but so perfect with every little detail in place just as it should be. Every little finger and toe and perfectly formed ears. His little bootie and perfectly rounded nose. Just amazing.

Matt and Ben hanging out....I love these boys!
I just can't get enough of either of my guys. Time seems to be flying by so fast, and I try to make every moment count....even when we have a fussy baby or when Matt & I are tired and not communicating like normal adults. They are both so amazing and precious to me. I pray every day for God's protection of them.....don't know what I would do without either of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment