Thursday, June 2, 2011

OUR BABY STORY

Sunday May 22nd my husband and I drove the St John Owasso ER and were admitted for ob observation. I was having contractions and only dilated to a "4" so they kept me for an hour to see if my labor would progress. This started at about 930 or 10pm.....and about 11pm my nurse (who is awesome) checked me and decided to tell the Dr on call I was at a "5"....even though I was still a "4". She didn't want to send me home in the storms....their hospital in Joplin had just been hit & she didn't want me to leave & have to come back during all that. THANK YOU ANDREA!!
My contractions become more severe and more frequent. I was finally admitted and taken to a labor & delivery room and in the meantime, the family started showing up. I got iv's hooked up and some medication to take an edge off the pain. All this quickly happened. My water broke and my nurse came to check me again....all of a sudden I had gone from a "6" to a "9" in 10 minutes and then I delivered Benjamin Matthew at 152am. Quick. Like so quick, my nurse actually delivered my baby & the other nurses were calling down to the ER for some extra hands. Oh and since all this happened so quickly....no epidural. Ugh.

Thank God for an awesome nurse and staff there. The Dr on call finally arrived in time to stitch my tear up, but that is all she was good for.

And more thankfully my most amazing husband, who has taken my love a million levels higher. He was the best partner I could ever ask for & the minute our son was born, was a moment no words can describe. I love you Matt!
Here Ben is showing off his milk mustache...he loves some milkies! He is so fun & such a blessing!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I was hoping for a blog about Ben's arrival! He looks so sweet and I can't wait to hear stories of how much you love motherhood.

    ReplyDelete