Monday, June 14, 2010

VACATION REVIEW

Since it went by so fast, I feel like I need a review of it myself.
First let me say how awesome of a driver my husband is. He drove back from Florida all by himself (of course with an overnight stop).
Next let me say, not any oil as of Wednesday morning when we left and very few tarballs were found. In fact, I think they had to be hunted for. So, let's hope for that part of Florida, it doesnt get any closer.
Ever been buzzed by a crop duster? Uhm...I experienced that first. Scared the living daylights out of me because I couldnt see him coming & then all of a sudden low-flying airplane was over the top of our car. Matt was laughing at me....of course.
Loved the beach. The sand and water were so pretty and clean! We had a great vacation rental and felt like kids again on the air mattress :)
Next was on to getting home, with a special guest joining us for the ride home. Who?? None other than Matt's Grandma Dill, of course! She was a great traveler.
Then, home to pick up Miss Annie for the night, she was so excited to see us & wouldnt calm down for like 10 minutes. Cutest dog ever! Love her & cant wait to pick her up later today.
Family reunion was great. I think we had 40 total. It was great to see everyone. I hadnt been in 2 years, so I've missed seeing some little ones who were babies grow up. They are too cute!It was great to be on vacation, but it was soooo nice to come home & sleep in our own BED! And as always, I think we could both use another vacation from our vacation!
Oh well, it's on to a new week and there is no telling what is in store for us, but I hope whatever it is, is great!

1 comment:

  1. oh man... I am off to bed with that picture in my mind!

    ReplyDelete